Design of the Directory Facilitator Supporting Fault-Tolerance in Multi-OSGi Agent System
Multi-agent system and OSGi technologies are essential elements in realizing the upcoming ubiquitous environments. Up until now, different approaches are proposed to support the reliability of multi-agent system level by many researchers. Also, there are mainly focus on fault-tolerance of detection/recovery in the inside system fault or each agent level. We have view on them; will be provide an effective solution of service level for supporting the service reliability of an extended Directory Facilitator (DF) in multi-OSGi agent system. We propose a new, more reliable and extendable DF architecture, and present a detection/recovery algorithm of service fault for safety in railroad system. Through the proposed fault-tolerance architecture, the extended DF of multi-OSGi agent system can improve reliability and interoperability of the service level.
KeywordsMultiagent System Agent System Service Agent Service Recovery Fault Recovery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.FIPA: The Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents, http://www.fipa.org
- 2.OSGi Alliance, http://www.osgi.org/Main/HomePage
- 3.Giovanni Caire: JADE Tutorial (2003), http://jade.tilab.com
- 4.Bellifemine, F., Bergenti, F., Caire, G., Poggi, A.: JADE-A Java Agent Development Framework. In: Multi-agent Programming. Multiagent Systems, Artificial Societies, and Simulated Organization, vol. 15, pp. 125–147. Springer, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Mohindra, A., Purakayastha, A., Thati, P.: Exploiting non-determinism for reliability of mobile agent systems. In: International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, DSN 2000, Proceedings, June 2000, pp. 144–153 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Charlton, P., Bonnefoy, D., Lhuillier, N.: Dealing with interoperability for agent-based services. In: Agents 2001, pp. 236–237 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Lyu, R.M., Wong, Y.T.: A progressive fault tolerant mechanism in mobile agent systems, http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~lyu/paper_pdf/SCI2003.pdf
- 8.Patel, R.B., Garg, K.: Fault-tolerant mobile agents computing on open networks, http://www.caip.rutgers.edu/~parashar/AAW-HiPC2003/patel-aaw-hipc-03.pdf
- 11.Tosic, M., Zaslavsky, A.B.: The External Fault-tolerant Layer Supporting Multi-agent Systems from Different Vendors. In: IAT 2005, pp. 435–438 (2005)Google Scholar