A SVM-Based Behavior Monitoring Algorithm towards Detection of Un-desired Events in Critical Infrastructures
- 663 Downloads
In this paper, we report our recent research activities under MICIE, a European project funded under Framework-7 Programme, in which a SVM-based behavior modeling and learning algorithm is described. The proposed algorithm further exploits the adapted learning capability in SVM by using statistics analysis and K-S test verification to introduce an automated parameter control mechanism, and hence the SVM learning and detection can be made adaptive to the statistics of the input data. Experiments on telecommunication network data sets support that the proposed algorithm is able to detect undesired events effectively, presenting a good potential for development of computer-aided monitoring software tools for protection of critical infrastructures.
KeywordsOutlier Detection Anomaly Detection Critical Infrastructure Information Communication Technology Network Traffic Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Rajasegarar, S., Leckie, C., Palaniswami, M.: Anomaly detection in wireless sen-sor networks. IEEE Wireless Communications (August 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Han, S.-J., Cho, S.-B.: Evolutionary Neural Networks for Anomaly Detection Based on the Behavior of a Program. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics 36(3) (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Muthuraman, S., Jiang, J.: Anomaly detection in telecommunication network performance data. In: Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (June 2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Schölkopf, B., Williamson, R., et al.: Support vector method for novelty detection. In: Neural Information processing Systems, pp. 582–588. MIT Press, Cambridge (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, Y., Jiang, J.: Combination of SVM knowledge for microcalcification de-tection in digital mammograms. LNCS, vol. 317, pp. 359–365. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Kalatzis, I., Piliouras, N., et al.: Comparative evaluation of probabilistic neural network versus support vector machines classifiers in discriminating EPR signals of depressive patients from healthy control. In: Image and Signal Processing and Analysis, ISPA 2003, September 18-20, vol. 2, pp. 981–985 (2003)Google Scholar