Legal Advisory System for the Agricultural Tax Law
The authors of this study attempted to develop an advisory tool functioning in the scope of the Agricultural Tax Act. The focus of the authors in this study was on presenting the outcome of the efforts connected with building the ontology which would allow for representing individual cases, and dealing with cases not expressly regulated by law. This study will also outline the structure and concept of the system in question.
KeywordsLegal Expert System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Benjamins, V.R., Casanovas, P., Breuker, J., Gangemi, A.: Law and the Semantic Web: Legal Ontologies, Methodologies, Legal Information Retrieval, and Applications. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Gordon, T.: Some Problems with PROLOG as a Knowledge Representation Language for Legal Expert Systems. In: Arnold, C. (ed.) Yearbook of Law, Computers & Technology, London, pp. 52–67 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Greinke, A.: Legal Expert System: A humanistic critique of Mechanical Legal Interface (1994), http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issues/v1n4/greinke14.txt
- 5.Hage, J.C.: Reasoning with Rules: An Essay on Legal Reasoning and Its Underlying Logic. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Leszczynski, L.: Issues of theory of application of law in Polish Zakamycze (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Popple, J.: A Pragmatic Legal Expert System. Dartmouth, Aldershot (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Sartor, G., Rubino, R., Rotolo, A.: An OWL Ontology of Fundamental Legal Concepts in: Legal knowledge and information systems. In: JURIX 2006, the Nineteenth Annual Conference, pp. 101–111. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Sartor, G., Shiner, R.A., Rottleuthner, H., Peczenik, A., Pattaro, E.: A Treatise of Legal Philosophy and General Jurisprudence. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Sartor, G.: Fundamental Legal Concepts A Formal and Teleological Characterisation (2006), http://cadmus.iue.it/dspace/bitstream/1814/4351/1/LAW%202006.11.pdf
- 11.The Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland Google Scholar
- 12.Visser, P.R.S., Bench-Capon, T.J.M.: Ontologies in the Design of Legal Knowledge Systems. Towards a Library of Legal Domain Ontologies (1999), http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/64358.html
- 13.Zurek, T.: Knowledge Base Ontology in Legal Expert System. Polish Journal of Enviromental Studies 17(3B), 575–580 (2008)Google Scholar