“Art-sonomy”: Social Bookmarking of Real Artworks via Mobile Applications with Visual Tags
Tag-based indexing systems allow users to name web resources freely choosing keywords, called tags. Users (observers) may browse resources using a tag-cloud, a screen presentation that looks like an alphabetically ordered list of the most popular tags, visually weighted by font size. This project called Artsonomy, enables users to associate keywords (tags) to real artworks (for ex. in a museum) labeled with a QR Code by means of an application on a mobile device. The user’s tags are collected in a tag-cloud on the Artsonomy website so enabling other obesrvers to share their experience after viewing an artwork.
KeywordsSocial bookmarking QR Codes Mobile Artworks Visual Tagging Folksonomy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vander Wal, T.: Folksonomy definition and Wikipedia (2005), www.vanderwal.net (November 2, 2005), http://www.vanderwal.net/random/entrysel.php?blog=1750
- 2.Diekhoff, G.M., Diekhoff, K.B.: Cognitive maps as a tool in communicating structural knowledge. Educational Technology 22(4), 28–30 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, H., Zubair, M., Maly, K.: Harvesting social knowledge from folksonomies. In: Proceedings of the seventeenth conference on Hypertext and hypermedia. ACM Association for Computing Machinery, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Greenberg, J., Pattuelli, M.C., Parsia, B., Davenport Robertson, W.: Author-generated Dublin Core Metadata for Web Resources: A Baseline Study in an Organization. Journal of Digital Information 2(2), Article No. 78 (2001), http://jodi.ecs.soton.ac.uk/Articles/v02/i02/Greenberg/
- 6.Mathes, A.: Folksonomies - Cooperative Classification and Communication Through Shared Metadata, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Graduate School of Library and Information Science (2004), http://adammathes.com/academic/computer-mediatedcommunication/folksonomies.html
- 7.Anderson, C.: The Long Tail. Wired Magazine (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Blog issue (2005), http://www.mobileblog.it/post/1336/qr-code-ipod-nano-e-marketing
- 9.Performing MediaLab, Project description from the project official website (2007), http://www.museodiffusotorino.it/geoblog.html