A Reliable and Efficient Pedal Back Data Disseminating Scheme for Ad-Hoc WSNs
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) generate massive amount of live data and events sensed through dispersedly deployed tiny sensors. This generated data needed to be disseminate to the sink with slight consumption of network resources. Researchers prefer to choose gossiping to disseminate bulk data for unstructured ad-hoc wireless sensor networks. An important consideration in gossip-based dissemination protocols is to keep routing table up to date. Considering the inherent resource constrained nature of adhoc wireless sensor networks, we propose a gossip based protocol that consumes little resources. Our proposed scheme aims to keep the routing table size R as low as possible yet it ensures that the diameter is small too. We learned the performance of our proposed protocol through simulations .Results show that our proposed protocol attains major improvement in network reachability and connectivity.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Source Node Destination Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Heinzelman, W.R., Kulik, J., Balakrishnan, H.: Adaptive protocols for information dissemination in wireless sensor networks. In: MobiCom 1999: Proceedings of the 5th annual ACM/IEEE international conference on Mobile computing and networking, pp. 174–185. ACM Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Akyildiz, I., Kasimoglu, I.: Wireless sensor and actor networks: Research challenges, pp. 351–367 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Hong, X., Gerla, M.H.W.: Load balanced, energy-aware communications for mars sensor networks, 1109–1115 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Heinzelman, W.R., Kulik, J., Balakrishnan, H.: Adaptive protocols for information dissemination in wireless sensor networks. In: MobiCom 1999: Proceedings of the 5th annual ACM/IEEE international conference on Mobile computing and networking, pp. 174–185. ACM Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Rangarajan, H., Garcia-Luna-Aceves, J.J.: Reliable data delivery in event-driven wireless sensor networks. In: ISCC 2004: Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2004), vol. 2, pp. 232–237. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Hui, J.W., Culler, D.: The dynamic behavior of a data dissemination protocol for network programming at scale. In: SenSys 2004: Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on Embedded networked sensor systems, pp. 81–94. ACM Press, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Govindan, R., Estrin, D.: Directed diffusion: A scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks, pp. 56–67. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Singh, K.H.: A study of membership management protocols for groups in wireless sensor networks. University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign, Tech. Rep. PhD Thesis (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Khan, S., Huh, E.-N., Imran, N.: A Membership Scheme for Gossip based Reliable Data Dissemination in Ad-hoc WSNs. In: Networking and Communications Conference, 2008. INCC 2008. IEEE International, May 1-3, 2008, pp. 107–111 (2008) doi: 10.1109/INCC.2008.4562701Google Scholar