Performance Evaluation of DSR in Multi-services Ad Hoc Networks
In mobile ad hoc networks (MANET), links are created and destroyed in an unpredictable way, which makes quite challenging the determination of routes between each pair of nodes. In this paper, we evaluate the performance of the dynamic source routing (DSR) protocol in a multi-services MANET. Simulation results reveal that DSR enables to provide packet delivery ratio higher than 99% for low mobility level and low traffic intensity.
KeywordsDSR MANET multimedia traffic routing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Al-Maashri, A., Ould-Khaoua, M.: Performance Analysis of MANET Routing Protocols in the Presence of Self-Similar Traffic. In: Proceedings of 31st IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, November 14-16, 2006, pp. 801–807 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Chaplot, A.: A Simulation Study of Multi-Hop Wireless Network. In: IEEE International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications, December 15-17, 2002, pp. 86–89 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Chowdhury, M.U., Perera, D., Pham, T.: A Performance Comparison of three Wireless Multi-hop Ad-hoc Network Routing Protocols when Streaming MPEG-4 Traffic. In: Proceedings of the 8th Int. Multitopic Conference, December 24-26, 2004, pp. 516–521 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Dyer, T.D., Boppana, R.V.: On Routing Web and Multimedia Traffic in Mobile Ad hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of the 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2003), Island of Hawaii, January 6-8, 2003, p. 10 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, T.-C., Chan, C.-C.: Caching Strategies for Dynamic Source Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2007, March 11-15, 2007, pp. 4239–4243 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Ooi, C.-C., Fisal, N.: Implementation of Geocast-enhanced AODV-bis Routing Protocol in MANET. In: IEEE Region 10 Conference TENCON, Vol, Chiang Mai, Thailand, November 21–24, 2004, vol. B, pp. 660–663 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Taddia, C., Giovanardi, A., Mazzini, G.: Energy Efficiency in OLSR Protocol. In: 3rd Annual IEEE Communications Society on Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, vol. 3, pp. 792–796 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Tafazolli, H.: A Survey of QoS Routing Solutions for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials 9, 50–70 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Taing, N., Thipchaksurat, S., Varakulsiripunth, R., Ishii, H.: Performance Improvement of Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Multimedia Services in Mobile Ad Hoc Network. In: 1st International Symposium on Wireless Pervasive Computing, January 6-18 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Wong, Y.F., Wong, W.C.: A Fuzzy-Decision-Based Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Networks, ICON 2002, Singapore, August 27-30, 2002, pp. 317–322 (2002)Google Scholar