Key-Insulated Encryption Based Key Pre-distribution Scheme for WSN
In wireless sensor network (WSN) security is as important as performance and energy efficiency for many applications. Key pre-distribution is a good approach to solve the key agreement problem in the WSN. Based on the Key-Insulated Encryption, a new key pre-distribution scheme, KIE-WSN scheme, is proposed in this paper. The proposed scheme has two important security properties: semantically security and optimal KIE-(N-1, N) safety, which means that even if N-1 nodes are compromised, there are no security threatens to the left network. Compared with the existed schemes, the proposed KIE-WSN scheme has better performance in the storage and communication cost.
KeywordsWireless Sensor Network Key pre-distribution Key-Insulated Encryption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akyildiz, I.F., Su, W., Samkarasubramaniam, Y., Cayirci, E.: Wireless sensor network. A survey Computer Networks 40(8), 102–114 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Manges, W., Allgood, G., Smith, S.: It’s Time for Sensors to Go Wireless. Part 1: Technological Underpinnings. Sensors Magazine (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Eschenauer, L., Gligor, V.D.: A key management scheme for distributed sensor networks. In: Proc. of the 9th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security, pp. 41–47. ACM Press, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Chan, H., Perrig, A., Song, D.: Random key pre-distribution schemes for sensor networks. In: Proc. of IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 197–213. IEEE Computer Society, Berkeley (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Malan, D.J., Welsh, M., Smith, M.D.: A public-key infrastructure for key distribution in TinyOS based on elliptic curve cryptography. In: Proc. of the 1st IEEE Int’l Conf. on Sensor and Ad-Hoc Communication and Networks, pp. 71–80. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Bellare, M., Palacio, A.: Protecting against key-exposure: Strongly key-insulated encryption with optimal threshold. In: AAECC, vol. 16, pp. 379–396 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Boneh, D., Franklin, M.: Identity-based encryption from the Weil pairing. SIAM J. Comput. 32(3), 586–615 (2003); Preliminary version, Kilian, J. (ed.): CRYPTO 2001. LNCS, vol. 2139. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Mi, W.: Study on key technology for the security of wireless sensor network. Thesis, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Du, W., Deng, J., Han, Y.S., et al.: A pair-wise key pre-distribution scheme for wireless sensor networks. In: Proc. of the 10th ACM conf, on Computer and Communications Security, pp. 42–51. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Choi, S.J., Youn, H.Y.: An efficient key pre-distribution scheme for secure distributed sensor networks. In: The 2005 IFIP International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC 2005), pp. 1088–1097. Springer, Nagasaki (2005)Google Scholar