Building and Browsing Tropos Models: The AVI Design
This paper proposes the use of the HCI paradigm and techniques to support software system designers in building and browsing visual models during the development of complex distributed systems. In particular, we adopt Usability Evaluation Methods (UEMs) to analyse the first version of the interface of TAOM4E, the tool supporting the Tropos Agent-Oriented methodology. Using the results of this usability study, we collect different requirements to design an Advanced Visual Interface (AVI) of TAOM4E taking into account requirements of supporting software designers during Tropos models design process browsing.
KeywordsGoal Modeling Heuristic Evaluation User Support Building Task Account Requirement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Card, S.K., Mackinlay, J.D., Shneiderman, B.: Information Visualization: Using Vision to Think. M. Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.UEMs Consortium. Heuristic evaluation (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.UEMs Consortium. Performing a cognitive walkthrough (2006), http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/classes/cs3302/documents/cog.walk.html
- 7.Norman, D., Draper, S.: User Centered System Design. LEA Hillsdale, N.J (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.Penserini, L., Perini, A., Susi, A., Mylopoulos, J.: High Variability Design for Software Agents: Extending Tropos. ACM TAAS 2(4) (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Susi, A., Perini, A., Giorgini, P., Mylopoulos, J.: The Tropos Metamodel and its Use. Informatica 29(4), 401–408 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Yagita, Y., Aikawa, Y., Inaba, A.: A proposal of the quantitative evaluation method for social acceptability of products and services. Technical report, Ochan-omizu University, Otsuka Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo (2001)Google Scholar