Loopo: Integrated Text Miner for FACT-Graph-Based Trend Analysis
This paper proposes an integrated tool to analyze trend visualization graph called “FACT-Graph”. FACT-Graph is generated from text data with time stamp and is useful for trend analysis. However, it faces three key problems: First, it is difficult to configure parameters (such as analysis span, exceptive keywords and thresholds) to generate FACT-Graph; Second, a FACT-Graph does not provide the required information and interface for trend analysis because the process of generating the FACT-Graph eliminates that information; and third, it cannot reflect a user’s awareness in a FACT-Graph. In order to solve these problems, the authors have developed a tool called “Loopo”. Loopo integrates a term database, analysis components, and a graph-drawing function and provides users (i.e., analyzers) with information for trend analysis. Loopo also provides an interactive GUI for configuring parameters at ease and to reflect a user’s awareness in a FACT-Graph instantly.
KeywordsKeyword Visualization Trend Analysis Co-occurrence graph Analysis Tool
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Inmon, W.H.: Building the Data Warehouse. Wiley Publishing, Inc., Chichester (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Nanba, H., Okuda, N., Okumura, M.: Extraction and Visualization of Trend Information from Newspaper Articles and Blogs. In: Proceedings of the 6th NTCIR Workshop, pp. 243–248 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Terachi, M., Saga, R., and Tsuji, H.: Trends Recognition in Journal Papers by Text Mining. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man & Cybernetics (IEEE/SMC 2006), pp. 4784–4789 (2006) Google Scholar
- 7.Salton, G.: Automatic Text Processing. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading (1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Ellson, J., Gansner, E.R., Koutsofios, E., North, S.C., Woodhull, G.: Graphviz - open source graph drawing tools. Graph Drawing, 483–484 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Tabata, K., Mitsumori, S.: An assertion-based information-probe system: Document-skeleton and glossary-skeleton approach. Information, Knowledge, and Systems Management 3(4), 123–152 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Harman, D.: Ranking algorithms. In: Information Retrieval, ch.14. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1992)Google Scholar
- 13.Okazaki, N., Ohsawa, Y.: Polaris: An Integrated Data Miner for Chance Discovery. In: Proceedings of Workshop of Chance Discovery and Its Management (in conjunction with International Human Conputer Interaction Conference (HCI 2003), Crete, Greece (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Ohsawa, Y., Benson, N.E., Yachida, M.: KeyGraph: Automatic Indexing by Segmenting and Unifing Co-occurrence Graphs. IEICE D-I J82-D-I(2), 391–400 (1999)Google Scholar