An OWL-Based Knowledge Model for Combined-Process-and-Location Aware Service
This paper presents a knowledge model for spatiotemporal context awareness. The knowledge model is designed to understand user goals and to guide users who perform complicated tasks involving several routes, such as tasks at a hospital. An information system should be able to consider both the location and process context to provide relevant guidance regarding tasks, their location, and their process, as location and process information are collaboratively associated. A service that is both process- and- location-aware is considered, and a knowledge model that represents the semantics of the proposed process- and- location-aware service is given.
Keywordsspatiotemporal context process location knowledge model OWL (Web Ontology Language)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kokar, M.M., Matheus, C.J., Baclawski, K.: Ontology-based situation awareness. Information fusion (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Baldauf, M., Dustdar, S., Rosenberg, F.: A Survey on Context-Aware Systems. International Jounal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Krummenacher, R., Strang, T.: Ontology-Based Context-Modeling. In: Third Workshop on Context Awareness for Proactive Systems (CAPS 2007) (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Ongenae, F., Strobbe, M., Hollez, J., Jans, G.D., Turck, F.D., Dhaene, T., Demeester, P.: Ontology Based and Context-Aware Hospital Nurse Call Optimization. Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Chang, Y., Wang, T., Chuang, Y., Tsai, S.: Ontology-based Personalized Wayfinding System Using Deviation Detecting for Individuals with Cognitive Impairments. In: International Conference on Convergence Information Technology, pp. 1844–1848 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Niu, W.T., Kay, J.: Pervasive Personalisation of Location Information; Personalised Context Ontology. In: Adaptive Hypermedia Conference Website, pp. 143–152 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Han, M., Kim, G., Park, S., Kim, L., Ha, S.: Process and Location-aware Information Service System for the Disabled and the Elderly. In: 13th International Conference on Human-Computer. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar