Representation Method for Engineering Perspective
For most Japanese Companies, knowledge succession is important for retaining technical competitiveness in the context of the rapid change of human resources. While efficient and effective knowledge succession requires the support of an IT system, the requirements for the supporting system are severe. That is, the system not only must offer the knowledge users need, but also must represent how to apprehend and utilize the knowledge.This paper introduces a method of representing technical knowledge considered in the development process of a knowledge succession support system (IVYs). It focuses on the user interface representing the standard or situation-dependent perspective of technical knowledge that experts define.
KeywordsKM (knowledge management) knowledge succession engineering-support system web-based application user interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yajima, N.: The 2007 problem of information system caused by the retirement of experts (April 2003) (in Japanese), http://www.nikkeibp.co.jp/style/bizinno/conduct/article20030404.shtml
- 2.Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Population Census (in Japanese) (October 2005) World Wide Web, http://www.stat.go.jp/data/kokusei/2005/kekkagai.htm (retrieved 2/27/09)
- 3.Cabinet Office of Japan, The policy research report about participation in society by the elderly (in Japanese) (July 2005) World Wide Web, http://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/kenkyu/kenkyu.html (retrieved 2/27/09)
- 4.Ishii, G., Nakayama, Y.: Method of utilizing the valuable knowledge of a company - integration of information lifecycle management and knowledge management. In: Papers presented at HCI International Conference 2005 [CD-ROM] (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Ishii, G.: A Study of Knowledge Succession in Engineering Process Management. In: Papers presented at PICMET 2007 Conference [CD-ROM] (2007)Google Scholar