Fashion Support from Clothes with Characteristics
Fashion can be a source of daily enjoyment, as well as source of anxiety, in our lives. In this paper, we propose a new system for supporting a person’s fashion coordination. This system produces pleasant coordination between a person and his or her clothes when the person stands in front of the closet each morning and picks out the day’s attire. Each item of clothing has its corresponding software agent with a specific characteristic decided by color, based on psychological findings. The scenario is as follows: First, the user enters the total fashion image for the desired fashion profile for the day, such as “today’s image is red.” When the user goes to the closet, clothing that is red or verging on red start to appeal. The user hears messages such as “Choose me because you had a good day last time you chose me,” and “No, choose me because it is hot today.” An Integrated Circuit (IC) tag is put on each hanger, and the chosen article of clothing is identified by the IC tag reader affixed to user’s finger. The episodic database and the database of basic fashion knowledge are connected to each as a knowledge source for conversation.
Keywordsfashion coordinate software agent IC tag
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tokumaru, M., Muranaka, N., Imanishi, S.: Virtual Stylist Project. In: 2002 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, CD-ROM (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Article of Adidas opens world’s most advanced showroom in Paris, http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/adidas-opens-worlds-most-advanced-showroom-in-paris/ (access date 2009.2) (in Japanese)
- 3.PlayStation (Japan): My Stylist, http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/mystylist/ (access date 2009.2) (in Japanese)
- 4.Yanagida, T.: RFID technology, All of the wireless IC tags: Nikkei BP, 2004.4 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.Nationwide dress federation text revised edition edit committee: Color authorization, AFT project Ltd. 2005.3 (in Japanese) Google Scholar