A Management System for Visual Communication Design at Film Studio
This research aims to propose a design management system for helping designer to make arrangement of the furniture in a film shooting studio. The main issue is that furniture has its own characters, and it matches to other furniture in different degree. Therefore, designer need help to calculate the appropriateness. The appropriateness comes from items’ color, texture and its image to audience. This management system help designer to visualize the result of combination by simulation.
Keywordsvisual design film studio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barton, J., Parolin, B., Weiley, V.: A Spatial Decision Support System for the Management of Public Housing. In: Van Leeuwen, J.P., Timmermans, H.J.P. (eds.) Recent Advances in Design & Decision Support Systems in Architecture and Urban Planning, pp. 69–84. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chitchian, D., Henco, B.: A Decision Support Tool for Decision Makers, Digital Design: The Quest for New Paradigms. In: 23nd eCAADe Conference Proceedings, Lisbon, Portugal, September 21-24, pp. 715–721 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Hu, Y., Ding, W., Yuan, G.: The Adjacency Topological Model for Housing Layout and Its Generating Algorithm, Based on the Case Study of Chinese Apartment Layouts Since 90s. In: CAADRIA 2007, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, Nanjing, China, pp. 19–21 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, D., Shih, S.: A Case-Based Decision Support System for Housing Refurbishment. In: CAADRIA 2005, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, New Delhi, India, April 28-30, vol. 2, pp. 288–299 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Jagielski, R., Gero, J.S.: A Genetic Programming Approach to the Space Layout Planning Problem. In: CAAD Futures 1997 Conference Proceedings, München, Germany, August 4-6, pp. 875–884 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin, C.-J.: Space layout game: An Interactive Game of Space Layout for Teaching and Representing Design Knowledge. In: CAADRIA 2005, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, New Delhi, India, April 28-30, vol. 1, pp. 130–141 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Rosenman, M.A., Gero, J.S., Oxman, R.E.: An Expert System For Design Codes and Design Rules, pp. 745–758. Springer, Berlin (1986a)Google Scholar
- 9.Rosenman, M.A., Gero, J.S., Hutchinson, P.J.: Expert Systems Applications in Computer-aided Design, pp. 218–225. Butterworth, Guildford (1986); reprinted in Computer Aided Design 18(10), 546–551 (1986b)Google Scholar