Allocation of Multiple Advertisement on Limited Space: Heuristic Approach
One of clever ideas that appeared over the Internet in 2005 was pixel advertisement. The simple concept was to present a big graphical table filled with small pictures linking to web-resources. In current research we propose to merge functionality of banners with clever idea of sharing its space among many expandable small graphical ads linking to various web-sites. Micro-graphics are expanding when the user moves mouse cursor over the image and the ad may display a piece of information (text, graphics, voice, animation) rich enough to give the user a taste of what he can expect after a click on the link. In this paper we propose a model how to arrange multiple pictures in the shape of a banner displayed on web pages: a heuristic algorithm able to produce advertising banner matching required context. We also provide experimental analysis of effectiveness of the algorithm. Conceptual work is illustrated by a prototype system implementing proposed features.
Keywordsmultibanner context matching advertisement heuristic algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Collin, S.: Marketing on the Internet. Batsford (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Outing, S., Ruel, L.: The Best of Eyetrack III: What We Saw When We Looked Through Their Eyes, http://poynterextra.org/EYETRACK2004
- 4.Kotler, P., Armstrong, G.: Principles of Marketing. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Wojciechowski, A.: Evolution of Pixel Advertising Paradigms: Towards Content-Intensive Interactive Web Advertisement. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies 17(3B), 534–539Google Scholar
- 7.Kapral, D. (ed.): Multibanner: Pixel Advertisement System, diploma thesis supervised by Wojciechowski, A. Poznan University of Technology (2007) (in polish)Google Scholar
- 8.Cowen, L., Ball, L.J., Delin, J.: An Eye Movement Analysis of Webpage Usability. In: People and Computers XVI - Memorable yet Invisible: Proceedings of the HCI 2002. Springer, London (2002)Google Scholar