On the Control of a Multi-robot System for the Manipulation of an Elastic Hose
The aim of this paper is to derive control strategies for a multi-robot system trying to move a flexible hose. We follow the approach of Geometric Exact Dynamic Splines to model the hose and its dynamics. The control problem is then stated as the problem of reaching a desired configuration of the spline control points from an initial configuration. The control of the hose by the multi-robot system is first solved neglecting the hose internal dynamics. We can derive the motion of the robot attachments that move that splines towards the desired configuration. Taking into account the dynamical model, we can derive the dynamic relations between the robots in the system and the motion of the hose towards the desired configuration.
KeywordsControl Point Transverse Section Path Planning Verse Section Closed Kinematic Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hergenröther, E., Dähne, P.: Real-time Virtual Cables Based On Kinematic Simulation. In: Proceedings of the WSCG 2000 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Lenoir, J., Grisoni, L., Meseure, P., Rémion, Y.: Smooth constraints for spline variational modeling, University of Lille, France (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Loock, A., Schömer, E.: A Virtual Environment for Interactive Assembly Simulation: From Rigid Bodies to Deformable Cables. In: 5th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Pai, D.K.: STRANDS, Interactive simulation of thin solids using Cosserat models. Computer Graphics Forum (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Peterson, J.W.: Arc Length Parameterization of Spline Curves. Research report, Taligent, Inc.Google Scholar
- 9.Qin, H., Terzopoulos, D.: D-NURBS, A Physics-Based Geometric Design Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Theetten, A., Grisoni, L., Andriot, C., Barsky, B.: Geometrically Exact Dynamic Splines, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique - INRIA (2006)Google Scholar