Feasibility of Motion Planning on Directed Graphs
Because of irreversibility of movements, motion planning on directed graphs is much more intricate than that on graphs. Recently we showed that the feasibility of motion planning on acyclic and strongly connected directed graphs can be decided in time O(nm) (n,m are respectively the number of vertices and arcs of the directed graph), but left the feasibility of motion planning on (general) directed graphs open. In this paper, we complete the solution by showing that the feasibility of motion planning on directed graphs can be decided in time O(n 2 m).
KeywordsDirected Graph Motion Planning Greedy Strategy Component Graph Source Vertex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BJG00]Bang-Jensen, J., Gutin, G.: Digraphs: Theory, Algorithms and Applications. Springer Monographs in Mathematics. Springer, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar
- [KMS84]Kornhauser, D., Miller, G., Spirakis, P.: Coordinating pebble motion on graphs, the diameter of permutation groups, and applications. In: FOCS 1984, pp. 241–250 (1984)Google Scholar
- [MD02]Marina, M.K., Das, S.R.: Routing performance in the presence of unidirectional links in multihop wireless networks. In: Proc. of ACM MobiHoc, pp. 12–23 (2002)Google Scholar
- [MPG]Motion planning game, http://www.download-game.com/Motion_Planning_Game.htm
- [Per88]Perrott, Y.: Track transportation systems. European patent (1988), http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0284316.html
- [PRST94]Papadimitriou, C.H., Raghavan, P., Sudan, M., Tamaki, H.: Motion planning on a graph. In: FOCS 1994, pp. 511–520 (1994)Google Scholar
- [Wes00]West, D.B.: Introduction to Graph Theory, 2nd edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2000)Google Scholar
- [WG08]Wu, Z., Grumbach, S.: Feasibility of motion planning on acyclic and strongly connected directed graphs (manuscript, 2008)Google Scholar