Genetic Programming Based Approach for Synchronization with Parameter Mismatches in EEG
Effects of parameter mismatches in synchronized time series are studied first for an analytical non-linear dynamical system (coupled logistic map, CLM) and then in a real system (Electroencephalograph (EEG) signals). The internal system parameters derived from GP analysis are shown to be quite effective in understanding aspects of synchronization and non-synchronization in the two systems considered. In particular, GP is also successful in generating the CLM coupled equations to a very good accuracy with reasonable multi-step predictions. It is shown that synchronization in the above two systems is well understood in terms of parameter mismatches in the system equations derived by GP approach.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Andrzejak, R.G., Lehnertz, K., Mormann, F., Rieke, C., David, P., Elger, C.E.: Indications of nonlinear deterministic and finite-dimensional structures in time series of brain electrical activity: Dependence on recording region and brain state. Physical Review E 64, 061907 (2001)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Holland, J.H.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, 2nd edn. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (1975)Google Scholar
- 13.Ahalpara, D.P., Panigrahi, P.K., Parikh, J.C.: Variations in Financial Time Series: Modelling Through Wavelets and Genetic Programming. In: Chatterjee, A., Chakrabarti, B.K. (eds.) Econophysics of Markets and Business Networks. Proceedings of the Econophys-Kolkata III, vol. 35. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.Santhanam, M.S., Patra, P.K.: Statistics of Atmospheric Correlations. Phys. Rev. E64, 016102 (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Manimaran, P., Panigrahi, P.K., Parikh, J.C.: Multiresolution Analysis of Stock Market Price Fluctuations. Phys. Rev. E72, 046120 (2005)Google Scholar