Trust Management and Trust Negotiation in an Extension of SQL
- 165 Downloads
Security policies of large organizations cannot be expressed in the access control policy language defined by the SQL standard and provided by widely used relational database systems, because that language does not support the decentralized policies that are common in large organizations. Trust management frameworks support decentralized policies but generally have not been designed to integrate conveniently with databases. This paper describes a trust management framework for relational databases. Specifically, this paper describes a SQL-based policy language with support for certificate discovery and trust negotiation, a portable system architecture, and a large case study based on an existing realistic policy for electronic health records.
KeywordsPolicy Language Electronic Health Record Trust Management Electronic Health Record System Release Policy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Becker, M.Y.: Cassandra: Flexible Trust Management and its Application to Electronic Health Records. PhD thesis, University of Cambridge (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Becker, M.Y., Sewell, P.: Cassandra: Flexible trust management, applied to electronic health records. In: Proc. 17th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Workshop (CSFW), pp. 139–154. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chaudhuri, S., Dutta, T., Sudarshan, S.: Fine grained authorization through predicated grants. In: Proc. 23rd IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2007), pp. 1174–1183 (April 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Cook, W.R., Gannholm, M.R.: Rule based database security system and method. United States Patent 6820082 (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.di Vimercati, S.D.C., Jajodia, S., Paraboschi, S., Samarati, P.: Trust management services in relational databases. In: Proc. 2nd ACM Symposium on InformAtion, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2007). ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, N., Mitchell, J.C., Winsborough, W.H.: Design of a role-based trust management framework. In: Proc. 2002 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 114–130. IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.National Health Service of the United Kingdom. Output based specification for integrated care record service version 2 (August 2003), http://www.dh.gov.uk/