An Application of Microcapsules Having Enzyme-degradable Gel Membrane to Cell Culture
Newly developed microcapsules having gelatin wall membrane was applied as a scaffold for suspension cell culture. The optimum preparation condition was determined, and the stability of the cultured human fibroblast cells using the microcapsules was examined at both protein and gene levels.
KeywordsCell culture scaffold Microcapsule Fibroblast cell Gelatin gel membrane
This work was partly supported by Grant-in-Aid for Science Research from The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in Japan (grant no. 16540366) and (grand no. 20656129).
- 1.van Wezel AL (1976) Dev. Biol. Standard 37:143–147Google Scholar
- 3.Microcarrier cell culture principle & method, Amersham BiosciencesGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kawada M, Ishizuka M and Takeuchi T (1999) Jpn. J. Cancer. Res. 90:546–554Google Scholar
- 6.Yoshida Y, Maruyama M, Fujita T, Arai N, Hayashi R, Araya J, Matsui S, Yamashita N, Sugiyama E and Kobayashi M (1999) Am. J. Physiol. 276:L900–L908Google Scholar
- 7.Lindemann FA, Physik Z (1910) 11:609Google Scholar
- 8.Koike M, Kobayashi K, Tanaka S, Harano A, Yamamoto T and Dobashi T (2006) Trans. MRS-J 31:823–825Google Scholar