Numerical Solution of a Class of Boundary Value Problems Arising in the Physics of Josephson Junctions
In this paper we propose a method of numerical solution of non-linear boundary value problems for systems of ODE’s given on the embedded intervals. The algorithm is based on the continuous analog of Newton method coupled with spline-collocation scheme of fourth order of accuracy. Demonstrative examples of similar problems take place in physics of stacked Josephson junctions with different layers lengths. As a concrete example we consider the problem for calculation the possible distributions of magnetic flux in a system of two magnetically coupled long Josephson junctions. The influence of length’s ratio on the main physical properties of basic bound states is investigated numerically. The existence of bifurcations by change the lengths of the layers for some couples of solutions has been proved.
KeywordsBoundary Value Problem Josephson Junction Partial Energy Full Energy Continuous Analog
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Volkov, A.F.: Solitons in Josephson superlaticess. JETP Lett. 45(6), 299–301 (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Boyadjiev, T.L., Pavlov, D.V., Puzynin, I.V.: Computation of Bifurcations of Stable States in Two-Layer Inhomogeneous Josephson Junctions. Comm. JINR. Dubna. P5-89-173 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Machida, M., Sakai, S.: Unifed theory for magnetic and electric field coupling in multistacked Josephson junctions. PRB. 70, 144520 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Melemov, H.T., Boyadjiev, T.L.: Numerical solution of system of ODE’s on embedded intervals. Comm. JINR. Dubna. P11-2008-31 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Licharev, K.K.: Dynamics of Josephson Junctions and Circuits, vol. 634. Gordon and Breach, New York (1986)Google Scholar
- 9.Boyadjiev, T.L.: Spline-collocation scheme of higer order of accuracy. Comm. JINR. Dubna. P2-2002-101 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Iliev, I.D., Khristov, E.K., Kirchev, K.P.: Spectral methods in soliton equations. Longman Sci. & Techn., Wiley (1994)Google Scholar