Variational Principles with Several Adjustable Parameters
- 2.7k Downloads
This chapter also focuses on the development of the variational principles. Firstly, it introduces three patterns of functional transformation, i.e., pattern I, pattern II and pattern III. Then, on the basis of pattern III, some variational principles with several adjustable parameters are formulated. Finally, a variable-substitution-multiplier method is also proposed based on pattern I and pattern II[1,2].
Keywordsvariational principle functional transformation adjustable parmeters variable-substitution-multiplier method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xiong ZH, Liu ZT (1988) Variational principles in elasticity. Human University Press, Changsha, pp88–99 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- DU QH et al (1994) (eds) An encyclopedia of engineering mechanics. Higher Education Press, Beijing, pp2304–2306 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang HD, Wu DL (1997) The finite element method and its computational program. China Architecture & Building Press, Beijing, pp227–232 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zienkiewicz OC (1974) Constrained variational principles and penalty function methods in finite element analysis. In: Lecture Notes in Mathematics. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 363: pp207–214Google Scholar
- Wu CC, Pian THH (1997) Incompatible numerical analysis and hybrid finite element method. Science Press, Beijing, pp118–121 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Long ZF, Cen S, Long YQ, Luo JH (2004) Hamiltonian variational principle with arbitrary parameters for thin plates. Gong Cheng Li Xue/Engineering Mechanics 21(4): 1–5 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hu HC (1992) On the connections between the functionals of equivalent variational principles. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica (English Edition) 5(2): 175–182Google Scholar