Spline Element I—Analysis of High-Rise Building Structures
- 2.7k Downloads
This chapter discusses the spline element method, which is the result obtained by the combination of the spline function and the finite element method. Firstly, the characteristics of the spline functions and spline elements are given. Then, the beam and membrane element models constructed, by the spline functions are presented. Finally, some applications of these spline elements in the analysis of the shear wall and tube structures are illustrated.
Keywordsfinite element spline function spline element high-rise building structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yuan S (1982) Finite element analysis of shell of revolution using cubic B spline. In: Proceeding of International Conference on FEM. China, Shanghai, pp 837–840Google Scholar
- Yuan S (1986) Quadratic spline thick/thin plate triangular hybrid elements. In: Proceeding International Conference on Computational Mechanics. Tokyo, pp 1111–1116Google Scholar
- Fan Z (1988) Applications of spline elements and sub-region mixed elements in structural engineering [Doctoral Dissertation] Tsinghua University, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fan Z, Long YQ (1990) Large deflection and stability analysis by geometrically nonlinear spline element. In: Proceeding of International Conference on Numerical Methods in Engineering, Theory & Applications (Vol. 1). Swansea, UK, pp 414–422Google Scholar
- Yuan S (1984) Spline elements in stress analysis [Doctoral Dissertation]. Tsinghua University, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Girijavallaham CV (1969) Analysis of shear wall with opening. Journal of ASCE, STR 10: 2093–2102Google Scholar
- Fan Z, Long YQ (1989) Spline thick/thin shell element. In: Proceeding of 2nd East Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering & Construction. Thailand, Chiang Mai, pp 1195–1200Google Scholar
- Coull A, Subedi NK (1975) Hull-core structures subjected to bending and torsion. In: Proceedings of 9th Congress of International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering, Preliminary Report, MayGoogle Scholar
- Coull A, Bose B (1975) Simplified analysis of framed-tube structures. Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, 101(11): 2223–2240Google Scholar
- Coull A, Bose B (1976) Torsion of framed-tube structures. Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE 102(12): 2366–2370Google Scholar
- Long YQ, Xin KG (1985) Analysis of framed-tube structures of polygonal section by energy method. Journal of Building Structures 6(3): 10–16 (in Chinese)Google Scholar