Quadrilateral Area Coordinate Systems, Part I — Theory and Formulae
- 2.8k Downloads
This chapter introduces new concepts for developing the quadrilateral finite element models. Firstly, the quadrilateral area coordinate system (QACM-I) with four coordinate components, which is a generalization of the triangular area coordinate method, is systematically established in detail. Then, on the basis of the QACM-I, another quadrilateral area coordinate system (QACM-II) with only two coordinate components is also proposed. These new coordinate systems provide the theoretical bases for the construction of new quadrilateral element models insensitive to mesh distortion, which will be introduced in Chap. 17.
Keywordsquadrilateral element quadrilateral area coordinate system coordinate components QACM-I QACM-II
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Long YQ, Li JX, Long ZF, Cen S (1997) Area-coordinate theory for quadrilateral elements. Gong Cheng Li Xue / Engineering Mechanics 14(3): 1–11 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Long ZF, Li JX, Cen S, Long YQ (1997) Differential and integral formulas for area coordinates in quadrilateral element. Gong Cheng Li Xue / Engineering Mechanics 14(3): 12–22 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Long YQ, Long ZF, Cen S (1999) Method of area coordinate—from triangular to quadrilateral elements. In: Long YQ (ed): The proceedings of the first international conference on structural engineering (Invited paper). China, KunMing, pp57–66Google Scholar
- Long YQ, Long ZF, Cen S (2001) Method of area coordinate—from triangular to quadrilateral elements. Advances in Structural Engineering 4(1): 1–11Google Scholar
- Chen XM, Cen S, Long YQ, Fu XR (2007) A two-component area coordinate method for quadrilateral elements. Gong Cheng Li Xue / Engineering Mechanics 24(Sup. I): 32–35 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Taig IC (1961) Structural analysis by the matrix displacement method. Engl. Electric Aviation Report No. S017Google Scholar
- Mertie JB (1964) Transformation of trilinear and quadriplanar coordinates to and from Cartesian coordinates. The American Mineralogist 49(7/8): 926–936Google Scholar
- Zhong ZH (1993) Finite element procedures for contact-impact problems. Oxford University Press, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Long YQ, Long ZF, Wang L (2009) The third version of area coordinate systems for quadrilateral elements. Gong Cheng Li Xue / Engineering Mechanics 26(2): 1–5 (in Chinese)Google Scholar