Steganalysis of Multi Bit Plane Image Steganography
In this paper, we present an efficient specific steganalysis scheme for multi bit plane image steganography. This algorithm proposed by Nguyen, Yoon and Lee at IWDW’06 is applied to uncompressed images and embeds data into several bit planes of the canonical gray coding. It is designed to be robust against RS steganalysis and pixel difference histogram analysis. We show how to adapt RS analysis into a local analysis to design an efficient detector against multi bit plane image steganography. This method takes advantages from both the counter-measures introduced by the authors and the power of RS analysis approach. Finally, we designed a specific classifier to detect images embedded with Nguyen’s algorithm. This detector has high detection rates, even for low embedding rates.
KeywordsMulti bit plane image steganography Fisher discriminant RS steganalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Agaian, S., Rodriguez, B., Perez, J.: Stego sensitivity measure and multibit plane based steganography using different color models. In: Delp, E., Wong, P. (eds.) Proc.Security, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VIII, February 2006, vol. 6072, pp. 279–290 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Fridrich, J., Goljan, M., Du, R.: Reliable detection of LSB steganography in grayscale and color images. In: Proc. ACM Workshop on Multimedia and Security, Ottawa, Canada, October 2001, pp. 27–30 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Lyu, S., Farid, H.: Steganalysis using higher-order image statistics. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security 1 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Saporta, G.: Probabilité, Analyse des Données et Statistiques. Technip (in french) (1990)Google Scholar
- 15.Provos, N.: Defending against statistical steganalysis. In: 10th USENIX Security Symposium, Washington, DC, USA (2001)Google Scholar