Scalable Security and Conditional Access Control for Multiple Regions of Interest in Scalable Video Coding
In this paper, we propose an encryption method to secure the multiple regions of interest (ROIs) of scalable video coding (SVC) bitstream from malicious attacks and a key generation scheme to control the protected ROIs conditionally. To establish the encryption method, we analyze the encryption requirements to maintain spatial, temporal, and SNR scalability of SVC. Depending on the given user’s condition such as the status of the payment, the proposed conditional access control provides keys to access various types of the secured scalable videos ranging from the lowest to the highest quality. Since the conditional access control needs multiple ROIs as secured videos, the key generation scheme should support the multiple ROIs that are secured with the proposed encryption method. Experiments are performed to verify the proposed methods and results show that the proposed schemes could provide an effective access control of the secured multiple ROIs in SVC.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 11: Joint Scalable Video Model (JSVM) 6.0 Reference Encoding Algorithm Description, N 8015, Switzerland (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Information Technology – JPEG2000 Image Coding System Part1: Core Coding system, ISO/IEC 15444-1, 2000 ISO/IEC JTC/SC 29/WG 1 N1646R (March 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.van der Schaar, M., Radha, H.: A Hybrid Temporal-SNR Fine-Granular Scalability for Internet Video. IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for video Technology 11(3) (March 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, X., Eskicioglu, A.M.: Selective Encryption of Multimedia Contents in Distribution Network: Challenges and New Directions. In: IASTED International Conference on Communications, Internet and Information Technology (CIIT 2003), Scottsdale, AZ, November 17-19 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhu, B.B., Swanson, M.D., Li, S.: Encryption and Authentication for Scalable Multimedia, Current State of the Art and Challenges. In: Proc. SPIE Internet Multimedia Management Systems, October 2004, vol. 5601, pp. 157–170 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Bae, T.M., Thang, T.C., Kim, D.Y., Ro, Y.M., Kang, J.W., Kim, J.K.: Multiple Region-of-Interest Support in Scalable Video Coding. ETRI Journal 28(2) (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu, B.B., Li, S., Feng, M.: A Framework of Scalable Layered Access Control for Multimedia. In: IEEE Int. Symposium on Circuit and Systems, May 2005, vol. 3, pp. 2703–2706 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhu, B.B., Feng, M., Li, S.: An Efficient Key Scheme for Layered Access Control of MPEG-4 FGS Video. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia and Expo, June 2004, pp. 443–446 (2004)Google Scholar