Attack Analysis for He & Wu’s Joint Watermarking/Fingerprinting Scheme
We introduce two novel collusion attacks against digital fingerprinting using additive spread-spectrum watermarks. These attacks demonstrate that the He-Wu fingerprinting system is considerably less secure against collusive attacks than suggested by the original paper. In addition to causing error rates above 85% at the decoder with as few as 8 colluders, one of our two attacks give copies with less distortion (measured by Euclidean distance) than the fingerprinted copies originally distributed.
KeywordsRobust Watermark Collusion Attack Watermark Signal Attack Analysis Orthogonal Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Schaathun, H.G., Fernandez-Muüoz, M.: Boneh-Shaw fingerprinting and soft decision decoding. In: Information Theory Workshop, Rotorua, NZ (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Tardos, G.: Optimal probabilistic fingerprint codes. Journal of the ACM (2005); In: part at STOC 2003 (to appear), http://www.renyi.hu/~tardos/fingerprint.ps
- 6.Wagner, N.R.: Fingerprinting. In: Proceedings of the 1983 Symposium on Security and Privacy (1983)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, M., Trappe, W., Wang, Z.J., Liu, K.J.R.: Collusion resistant fingerprinting for multimedia. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao, H., Wu, M., Wang, Z.J., Liu, K.J.R.: Nonlinear collusion attacks on independent fingerprints for multimedia. IEEE Trans. Image Proc., 646–661 (2005)Google Scholar