A Practical Real-Time Video Watermarking Scheme Robust against Downscaling Attack
In this paper, we propose a practical real-time video watermarking scheme for downscaling attack. We embed watermark into an arbitrary size of a host video and extract it from the watermarked video under a preset false error rate. Both watermark embedding and extraction are done in the uncompressed domain. Also, blind detector is used (i.e., no original video needs during the detection). As our watermarking system uses a video coder and decoder according to a format of an input video, it can be applicable to DCT-based coding videos (e.g., MPEG-2) as well as MPEG-1 and MPEG-4. Moreover, for a practical use both embedder and detector are developed as directshow filters that make it easy to connect after another within directshow applications. The payload of this system is totally 192 bits. PSNR after embedding is around 45dB for the host video that ranges from QVGA to High Definition (HD) size. Finally, several experimental results prove that the proposed scheme has good robustness.
KeywordsVideo Frame Visual Quality Image Watermark Watermark Scheme Input Video
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kim, H.Y., Baek, Y.J., Lee, H.K.: Rotation, scale, and translation invariant watermark using higher order spectra. The Journal of SPIE 42, 340–349 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, H.Y., Kim, H.S., Lee, H.K.: Robust image watermarking using invariant features. The Journal of SPIE 45, 1–11 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Delannay, D., Macq, B.: A method for hiding synchronization marks in scale and rotation resilient watermarking schemes. In: Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents IV. Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 4675, pp. 548–554 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, C.H., Lee, H.K.: Improved autocorrelation function based watermarking with side information. The Journal of SPIE 14, 1–13 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Kutter, M.: Watermarking resisting to translation, rotation, and scaling. In: Security and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents. Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 3657, pp. 423–431 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Park, J.W., Lee, C.H., Lee, H.K.: A visual quality enhancing method for low frequency. In: Proceeding of International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services, IEE&EURASIP, pp. 49–52 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Hel-Or, Z., Zhang, M., Wandell, A.: Adaptive clust dot dithering. The Journal of SPIE 8, 133–144 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Kang, I.K., Im, D.H., Lee, H.K.: Implementation of real-time watermarking scheme for high quality video. In: Proceeding of the ACM Multimedia and Security Workshop, pp. 124–129 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, Y., Zhao, J.: A new filtering method for rst invariant image watermarking. In: The 2nd IEEE Internatioal Workshop, pp. 101–106 (2003)Google Scholar