SVG-Based Spatial Information Representation and Analysis
This paper tries to make some spatial extensions to W3C’s Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Specification to support SVG-based spatial information representation and analysis in the Web environment. Based on spatial data modeling, this paper attempts to find a theoretical foundation for SVG-based spatial information representation. Then we propose an SVG-based spatial information representation model for spatial data publishing. Furthermore, this paper designs and implements some spatial operators, and integrates them into an SVG-based Spatial Extended SQL to support spatial analysis, which improves the functions of current WebGIS applications, most of which have been only employed for visualization. Finally, this paper designs some case studies. The results of the case studies prove that the suggested methods are feasible and operable for spatial information publishing and analysis via Web.
KeywordsSVG-based WebGIS spatial data modeling spatial information representation Web-based spatial analysis SVG-based Spatial Extended SQL
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cartographers on the net, http://www.carto.net
- 2.Li, Q., Xie, Z., Zuo, X., Wang, C.: The spatial information description and visualization based on SVG (in Chinese). Acta geodaetica et cartographica sinica 34(1), 58–63 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Guo, Z., Zhou, S., Xu, Z., Zhou, A.: G2ST: A novel method to transform GML to SVG. In: Proceedings of the 11th ACM GIS, pp. 161–168 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Tennakoon, W.T.M.S.B.: Visualization of GML data using XSLT. Diploma Thesis, International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Lin, H., Huang, B.: SQL/SDA: A query language for supporting spatial data analysis and its Web-based Implementation. IEEE TKDE 13(4), 671–682 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, S., et al.: Introduction of GIS (in Chinese), pp. 28–30. Science publish, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Open GIS simple feature specification for SQL, http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/sfs
- 12.Huang, H.: Key issues of SVG-based Network spatial Information Publishing (in Chinese), Master Thesis, South China Normal University (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Wu, X.: Principles and methods of GIS (in Chinese), pp. 156–157. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar