Location-Aware Reminders with Personal Life Content on Place-Enhanced Blogs
One of the reasons users record their experience and knowledge as diaries, memos, photos, voice records and videos is to remember them for the future. However, the records are not effectively used in our real lives. The records are called personal life content in this paper. This paper proposes a location-aware personal life content reminder as a software tool to provide users with personal recorded content if they are located at the right places where the content was created or associated. The reminders are designed based on our developing place-enhanced Blogs which provide users with rich environment to tag personal life content with place descriptions. We discuss the architecture and the characteristics of both the location-aware reminders and the place-enhanced Blogs.
Keywordspersonal LBS life content Blog location based reminder positioning descriptor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blog periodic research, Daily research (in Japanese) (2007), http://japan.internet.com/research/
- Dey, A., Abowd, G.: CybreMinder: A context -aware system for supporting reminders. In: Proc. Symp. Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 172–186 (2002)Google Scholar
- Geominder, http://www.ludimate.com/products/geominder/ (2007)
- Marmasse, N., Schmandt, C.: Location-Aware Information Delivery with comMotion. Intl. In: Symposium on Handheld and Ubiquitous Computing, pp. 64–73 (2000)Google Scholar
- Place Engine, Koozyt, http://www.placeengine.com/en (2008)
- Terada, T., Tsukamoto, M., Nishio, S.: A Geographic Information System Using Active Database Systems. In: Proceedings of Symposium on Asia GIS 2001, CD-ROM (2001)Google Scholar
- Nair, S., Kumar, A., Sampat, M., Lee, J.C., McCrickard, D.S.: Alumni campus tour: capturing the fourth dimension in location based notification systems, ACM Southeast Regional Conference archive. In: Proceedings of the 44th annual southeast regional conference, pp. 500–505 (2006)Google Scholar