Foresight China II: Identification and Detection of Infectious Diseases
- 522 Downloads
With the growing threat of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, which spread more easily and quickly worldwide resulted from the globalization, it is necessary to be capable to forecast significant changes of infectious diseases for emergency preparation purpose. Foresight China Project aims at exploring a new method by identifying the drivers of infectious diseases and predicting the trends of these drivers.
KeywordsInfectious diseases surveillance foresight drivers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Xie, Z.H., Huang, J.S.: Discussion on predicting infectious diseases. Chinese General Medical Journal 11(1), 85–87 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Garnett, G.P.: The transmission and control of Ebola -virus. In: Ludwig Mathematical models for the spread of infectious diseases, pp. 104–121Google Scholar
- 5.Forrest, D.M.: Control of imported communicable diseases: preparation and response. Can. J. Public Health 87(6), 368–372 (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Robert, W.S.: Global Change and Human Vulnerability to Vector-Borne Diseases. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 17(1), 137–174 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.WHO. Communicable disease surveillance and responsible system. Guide to monitoring and evaluating (2006) Google Scholar
- 10.Halperin, W., Baker Jr., E.L.: Public Health Surveillance. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Qu, S.: Disease surveillance. Epidemiology, 4th edn. People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing (1999) (in Chinese)Google Scholar