Multiagent Evolutionary Algorithm for T-coloring Problem
With the properties of T-coloring problems in mind, multiagent systems and evolutionary algorithms are integrated to form a new algorithm, Multiagent Evolutionary Algorithm for T-coloring (MAEA-T-coloring). We studied the generalization of classical graph coloring model, and focused our interest in the restricted T-coloring. An agent in MAEA-T-coloring represents a candidate solution to T-colorings. All agents live in a latticelike environment, with each agent fixed on a lattice-point. In order to increase energies, they compete or cooperate with their neighbors using their knowledge. Experiments on large random instances of T-colorings show encouraging results about MAEA- T-coloring.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dorne, R., Hao, J.-K.: Tabu search for graph coloring, T-colorings and set T-colorings. In: Meta-heuristics 1998, Theory and Applications, pp. 33–47. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Riihijärvi, J., Petrova, M., Mähönen, P.: Frequency allocation for WLANs using graph coloring techniques. In: WONS, pp. 216–222 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Hurley, S., Smith, D.H.: Bounds for the frequency assignment problem. Discrete Mathematics (167-168), 571–582 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Janczewski, R., Kubale, M., et al.: The T-DSATUR algorithm: An interesting generalization of the DSATUR algorithm. In: International conference on advanced computer systems (5), pp. 288–292 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Hale, W.K.: Frequency Assignment: Theory and Applications. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 68(12), 1497–1514 (1980)Google Scholar