A Proposal for the Definition of Operational Plans to Provide Dependability and Security
The fulfilment of dependability and security requirements is getting more and more important in the field of networked Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems. The DESEREC projects aims at giving an answer to this need, by proposing a layered architecture in which a modelling framework is defined, capable of providing automatic systems configuration, as well as autonomous reaction to incidents of whatever kind. This paper presents one of the earliest results in the project, which comprises the modelling framework, the meta-models for operational plans and configurations, and the detection and reaction logic.
KeywordsDependability policy based management security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The SERENITY Project, http://www.serenity-project.org
- 2.Willow Survivability Architecture. Department of Computer Science, University of Virginia, http://dependability.cs.virginia.edu/research/willow
- 3.Avizienis, A., Laprie, J., Randell, B.: Fundamental Concepts of Dependability. Research Report 1145. LAAS-CNRS (April 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.The DESEREC Project, http://www.deserec.eu
- 5.Web Services Choreography Description Language, version 1.0. W3C Working Draft (December 2004), http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-cdl-10
- 6.Policy and system models. Deliverable D2.1. DESEREC Consortium (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.The POSITIF Project, http://www.positif.org
- 8.The Core Information Model (CIM) schema, version 2.14. Distributed Management Task Force (December 2006), http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_schema_v214
- 9.The Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF), http://www.dmtf.org
- 10.Danyliw, R., et al.: The Incident Object Description Exchange Format Data Model and XML Implementation. Internet Draft (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.SDL User Manual. Version 1.02. POSITIF Consortium (March 2006), http://www.positif.org/isdl.html
- 12.xCIM-SPL Manual. Version 2.7. POSITIF Consortium (2007), http://www.positif.org/ispl.html