A Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm for Multiuser Scheduling in HSDPA
This paper briefs the problem of optimal multiuser scheduling in HSDPA. The modulation and coding schemes (MCSs), numbers of multicodes and power levels for all users are jointly optimized at each scheduling period, given that only limited Channel Quality Indicator (CQI) information, as specified in the HSDPA standard , is fed back to the BS. An integer programming model is proposed in order to provide a globally optimal solution to the multiuser scheduling problem. Due to the complexity of the globally optimal method, a swarm intelligence approach, namely particle swarm optimization (PSO), is subsequently proposed. The experimentations suggest that it potentially provides a near-optimum performance with significantly reduced complexity.
- 1.Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS); Physical Layer Procedures (FDD) (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Kwan, R., Leung, C., Zhang, J.: A Power Assignment Scheme for Improving Outage Probability in HSDPA. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Singapore (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Motorola, Nokia: Revised CQI Proposal. Technical Report R1-02-0675, 3GPP RAN WG1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Kwan, R., Aydin, M.E., Leung, C., Zhang, J.: Multiuser Scheduling in HSDPA using Simulated Annealing. In: Proc. of IEEE International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, IWCMC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R., Shi, Y.: Swarm Intelligence. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo (2001)Google Scholar