An Integrated Method for GML Application Schema Match
GML has been a standard in geographical information area for enhancing the interoperability of various GIS systems for data mining. In order to share geography information based on GML, problems in application schema match need to be overcome first. This paper introduces an integrated multi-strategy approach on GML application schema match. It combines existing scheme match algorithm with GML3.0 application schema. Firstly, it transforms the input GML application schemas into a GSTree according to linguistic-based and constraint-based match rules. Similarity between two elements is calculated trough different rules separately, and merged into element-level similarity. Secondly, the element-level similarity is rectified by a structure-level match algorithm based on similarity flooding. Finally, the mapping table of GML application schema elements is obtained. The experiment result shows that the approach can effectively discovery the similarity of schema elements, and improve the match results with a high degree of accuracy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.OpenGIS Consortium Inc.: Geographic Information–Geography Markup Language (GML) (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Guan, J.H., Zhou, S.G., Chen, J.P.: Ontopology Based GML Schema Match for Spatial Information Integration. In: Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 2240–2245 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Guan, J.H., Yu, W., An, Y.: Geography Markup Language Schema Match Algorithm. J. Wuhan Univ. 29(2), 169–174 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, Q., Sun, S., Yuan, P.P.: Fuzzyset-based Schema Match Algorithm for Geographic Information. J. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Technol. 34(7), 46–48 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Melnik, S., Hector, G.M., Rahm, E.: Similarity Flooding: A Versatile Graph Match Algorithm and Its Application to Schema Match. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 117–128 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, J.T., Zhang, S.S., Wang, M.W.: Element Match by Concatenating Linguistic-based Matchers and Constraint-based Matcher. In: Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, pp. 265–269 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Cheng, W., Zhou, L.X., Sun, Y.F.: A Multistrategy Generic Schema Match Approach. Computer Science 31(11), 121–123 (2004)Google Scholar