Simulating an Adaptive Fault Tolerance for Situation-Aware Ubiquitous Computing
This paper explains a performance analysis of an error sharing system running on multimedia collaboration in situation-aware middleware using the rule-based SES(System Entity Structure) and DEVS(Discrete Event System Specification) modeling and simulation techniques. In DEVS, a system has a time base, inputs, states, outputs, and functions. This system proposes an adaptive fault tolerance algorithm and its simulation model in situation-aware middleware framework by using DEVS. An example of situation-aware environment is illustrated in multimedia collaboration.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ko, E., Hwang, D.: Implementation of a Fault-Tolerant System Running on DOORAE: FTSD. In: Proceedings of IEEE ISCE 1998, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 19–21 (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Steinmetz, R., Nahrstedt, K.: Multimedia: Computing, Communications & Applications. Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Moore, M.G., Kearsley, G.: Distant Education: A Systems View. Wadsworth Publishing Company, Belmont (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Ahn, J.Y., Lee, G., Park, G.C., Hwang, D.J.: An implementation of Multimedia Distance Education System Based on Advanced Multi-point Communication Service Infrastructure: DOORAE. In: Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, Chicago, Illinois, USA, October 16-19 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Zeigler, B.P.: Multifacetted Modeling and Discrete Event Simulation. Academic Press Professional, Inc., Orlando (1984)Google Scholar
- 9.Zeigler, B.P.: Theory of Modeling and Simulation. John Wiley, NY (1976); reissued by Krieger, Malabar, FL, USA (1985)Google Scholar