Hardware Deblocking Filter and Impact
Due to the use of the digital video, video block error including watermarking error in the digital video may cause serious error propagation and quality degradation. A deblocking technique is applied for digital watermarking by graphics process. In the study the processes of constructing and reconstructing a digital video frame are described on the basis of the theory of video coding. The conditions for deblocking the digital video frames are investigated in detail. The validity of the present method is verified by experimental data and the simulation result shows with GPU deblocking support us to improve the video quality effectively. In this paper we will introduce a new deblocking filter which based on hardware GPU which applied in our watermarking system.
KeywordsCopyright Hardware Debclokging watermarking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-T Recommendation H.263: Video Coding for Low Bit Rate Communication, ITU (May 1996) Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T Recommendation H.263+: Video Coding for Low Bit Rate Communication, ITU (1997) Google Scholar
- 3.MPEG-2 Video and System International Standard, ISO-IEC/JTC1/SC29/WG11 MPEG94 (November 1996) Google Scholar
- 4.ITU-T/SG15, Video Codec Test Model, TMN5 (January 1995) Google Scholar
- 5.Andreadis, A., Benelli, G., Garzelli, A., Sudini, S.: FEC Coding for H.263 Compatible Video Transmission. In: International Conference on Video Processing, vol. 3, pp. 579–581 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Pickering, M.R., Frater, M.R., Amold, J.F.: A Statistical Error Detection Technique for Low Rate Video. In: TENCON 1997, IEEE Region 10 Annual Conference, Speech and image Tech for Computing and Telecommunication, vol. 2, pp. 773–776 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Aign, S., Fazel K.: Temporal and Sptail Error Concealment Techniques for Hierarchical MPEG-2 Video Codes. In: Process. Inform. 1778–1783 (1995) Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, T.H., Chang, P.C.: Error Robust H.263 video Coding with Video Segment Regulation and Precise Error Tracking. Conditionally accepted by IEICE Trans on Communications (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Chen, M.J., Chen, L.G., Weng, R.M.: Error Concealment of Lost Motion Vectors with Overlapped Mption Compensation. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. Vid. Technol. 7(3), 564–568 (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.Chang, P.C., Lee, T.H.: Precise and Fast Error Tracking for Error-Resilient Transmission of H.263 Video. IEEE Trans. Circ. Syst. Vid. Technol. 10(4) (2000)Google Scholar