An Illumination Independent Face Verification Based on Gabor Wavelet and Supported Vector Machine
Face verification technology is widely used in the fields of public safety, e-commerce and so on. Due its characteristic of insensitive to the varied illumination, a new method about face verification with illumination invariant is presented in this paper based on gabor wavelet. First, ATICR method is used to do light preprocessing on images. Second, certain gabor wavelet filters, which are selected on the experiment inducing different gagor wavelet filter has not the same effect in verification, are used to extract feature of the image, of which the dimension in succession is reduced by Principal Component Analysis. At last, SVM classifiers are modeled on the data with reduced dimension. The experiment results in IFACE database and NIRFACE database indicate the algorithm named “Selected Paralleled Gabor Method” can achieves higher verification performance and better adaptability to the variable illumination.
Keywordsgabor wavelet Supported Vector Machine Face Verification Illumination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Han, J., Bhanu, B.: Statistical Feature Fusion for Gait-based Human Recognition. CVPR (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Turk, M., Pentland, A.: Eigenfaces for Recognition. Journal of Neuroscience 3, 72–86 (1991)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, J., Liu, B., Schwartz, S.: General Illumination Correction and its Application to Face Normalization. In: Proceeding of AMFG (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Venkatargmani, K., Qidwai, S., Vijayakumar, B.: Face Authentication form Cell Phone Camera Images with Illumination and Temporal Variations. IEEE trans. on SMC. 411–418 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, X., Li, H.: A Face Verification Based on Negative Independent Sample Set and SVM. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 2138–2143 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Li, S., Chu, R., Liao, S., Zhang, L.: Illumination Invariant Face Recognition Using Near-Infrared Images. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intel. 29(4) (2007)Google Scholar