Numerical Simulation and Experimental Study of Liquid-Solid Two-Phase Flow in Nozzle of DIA Jet
The velocity of abrasive particles at the nozzle exit of Direct Injection Abrasive (DIA) Jet is a key factor affecting cutting capacity of jet. The powerful Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis software Fluent is applied to numerical simulation of liquid-solid two-phase flow in the hard alloy nozzle of different cylindrical section length under a certain conditions. The optimum ratio of diameter to length is obtained when the particle velocities are the largest at the nozzle exit. The rule of velocity distribution of liquid-solid two-phase flow of the optimum nozzle is analyzed. The numerical control cutting machine tool of DIA Jet is adopted to finish cutting experiments on different variety of materials. The analytic results of experiments verify the results of numerical simulation.
KeywordsDIA Jet numerical simulation liquid-solid two-phase flow the optimum ratio of diameter to length cutting experiments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jia, M.F., Yu, T., Fang, M.L., Lin, J.S.: The Research and Manufacture of Numerical Control Abrasive Water-jet Machine Tool. Machine Engineer 4, 18–20 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Yu, T., Jia, M.F., Fang, M.L.: Parameter Model for Abrasive Water Jet Machining Based on Depth. Mechatronics 3, 29–30 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, L.M., Jia, M.F., Yu, T.: The Research of Parameter Model for Abrasive Water Jet Machining. Mach. engineer. 6, 29–30 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, M.B., Wang, R.H.: Numerical Simulation on Fluid-particle Two-phase Jet Flow Field in Nozzle. J. Univers. Petrol. 29(5), 46–49 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, J.Y., Xue, S.X., Zhou, Q.Y.: Numerical Simulation of Superhigh Pressure Water Jet in Rust Remover. Engineering Journal of Wuhan University 40(1), 48–57 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, H.L., Gong, L.H., Wu, G.H.: Numerical Simulation of Pre-mixed Abrasive High Pressure Water Jet Cutting Nozzle. J. PLA Univ. Sci. Technol. 8(4), 387–390 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, L.X.: Two Phase of Turbulence and Combustion Numerical Simulation. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, T., Huang, X.B.: Numerical Simulation of the Air Flow Field in the Melt Blowing Process. J. Dong Hua Univ. 19(4), 1–3 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Tao, W.Q.: Study of Numerical Heat-transfer. Xi’an Jiaotong University press, Xi’an (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.Gambit, Gambit 2.1 User Guide, Fluent Inc.Google Scholar
- 11.Fluent, Fluent 6.0 User Guide, Fluent Inc.Google Scholar