Collaborative Learning Agents Supporting Service Network Management
Service oriented systems need to be maintained to keep the requested level of service. This is challenge in large grid- and saas based networks that are managed by numerous entities. This paper is about supporting multi agent systems that operate in the network and support its management by learning actual structures from life observed logging data. We focus on a collaborative grammar induction mechanism in which agents share local models in order to retrieve a model of the structure of the total service network. We studied the performance of groups of agents while varying the size and degree of communication. We motivate the application of the mechanism in the domain of service oriented system and show the results of experiments using a distributed agent-based monitoring system. We promote further research in the overlapping scientific disciplines of multi agent systems and machine learning in the application domain of service oriented systems.
KeywordsMulti Agent System Collaborative Learning Multiagent System Service Network Learning Behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Corkill, D.D.: Collaborating software: Blackboard and multi-agent systems & the future. In: Proceedings of the International Lisp Conference, New York (October 2003) (Invited presentation)Google Scholar
- 3.Feng, Y., Cai, W.: Provenance Provisioning in Mobile Agent-based Distributed Job Workflow Execution. In: 7th International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS 2007), Beijing, China, May 27-30 (accepted, 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Forestiero, A., Mastroianni, C., Spezzano, G.: A decentralized ant-inspired approach for resource management and discovery in grids. Journal of Multiagent and Grid systems, 43–63 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Gannon, D.: Programming the Grid: Distributed Software Components, P2P and Grid Web Services for Scientific Applications. Journal of Cluster computing, Special issue on Grid Computing (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Mulder, W., Meijer, G.R.: Distributed information services supporting collaborative network management. In: IFIP International Federation for Information Processing, Network-Centric Collaboration and supporting frameworks, Proceedings PROVE 2006, vol. 224, pp. 491–498. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Shen, J., Lesser, V.: Communication Management Using Abstraction in Distributed Bayesian Networks, in Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems. In: AAMAS 2006, Proceedings of the fifth international joint conference, pp. 622–629 (2006) ISBN:1-59593-303-4Google Scholar
- 12.Wooldridge, M.: Multi Agent Systems, Introduction to Multi Agent Systems. John Wiley and Sons, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar