Construction of Rotation Symmetric Boolean Functions on Odd Number of Variables with Maximum Algebraic Immunity
In this paper we present a theoretical construction of Rotation Symmetric Boolean Functions (RSBFs) on odd number of variables with maximum possible algebraic immunity (AI) and further these functions are not symmetric. Our RSBFs are of better nonlinearity than the existing theoretical constructions with maximum possible AI. To get very good nonlinearity, which is important for practical cryptographic design, we generalize our construction to a construction cum search technique in the RSBF class. We find 7, 9, 11 variable RSBFs with maximum possible AI having nonlinearities 56, 240, 984 respectively with very small amount of search after our basic construction.
KeywordsAlgebraic Immunity Boolean Function Nonlinearity Non-singular Matrix Rotational Symmetry Walsh Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Dalai, D.K., Gupta, K.C., Maitra, S.: Results on Algebraic Immunity for Cryptographically Significant Boolean Functions. In: Canteaut, A., Viswanathan, K. (eds.) INDOCRYPT 2004. LNCS, vol. 3348, pp. 92–106. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Dalai, D.K., Gupta, K.C., Maitra, S.: Cryptographically Significant Boolean functions: Construction and Analysis in terms of Algebraic Immunity. In: Gilbert, H., Handschuh, H. (eds.) FSE 2005. LNCS, vol. 3557, pp. 98–111. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Kurosh, A.G.: Theory of Groups. Chelsea Publishing Co., New York (1955)Google Scholar
- 11.Lobanov, M.: Tight Bound Between Nonlinearity and Algebraic Immunity. Cryptology ePrint Archive no. 2005/441 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Stănică, P., Maitra, S.: Rotation Symmetric Boolean Functions – Count and Cryptographic Properties. Discrete Applied mathematics (to be published), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2007.04.029