Iterative List Decoding of LDPC Codes
In the last decade two old methods for decoding linear block codes have gained considerable interest, iterative decoding as first described by Gallager in  and list decoding as introduced by Elias . In particular iterative decoding of lowdensity parity-check (LDPC) codes, has been an important subject of research, see e.g.  and the references therein. “Good“ LDPC codes are often randomly generated by computer, but recently codes with an algebraic or geometric structure have also been considered e.g  and . The performance of the iterative decoder is typically studied by simulations and a theoretical analysis is more difficult.
- 1.Gallager, R.G.: Low-Density Parity-Check Codes. M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, MA (1963)Google Scholar
- 2.Elias, P.: List Decoding for Noisy Channel. Res. Lab. Electron., MIT, Cambridge, MA, Techn. Rep. 335 (1957)Google Scholar
- 6.Hjaltason, J.: List Decoding of LDPC Codes. M. Eng. Thesis, Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Justesen, J., Høholdt, T., Hjaltason, J.: Iterative List Decoding of Some LDPC Codes. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory. (to appear, 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kristensen, J.T.: List Decoding of LDPC Codes. M. Eng. Thesis, COM, Technical University of Denmark (2007)Google Scholar