Constructions of Orthonormal Lattices and Quaternion Division Algebras for Totally Real Number Fields
We describe some constructions of orthonormal lattices in totally real subfields of cyclotomic fields, obtained by endowing their ring of integers with a trace form. We also describe constructions of quaternion division algebras over such fields. Orthonormal lattices and quaternion division algebras over totally real fields find use in wireless networks in ultra wideband communication, and we describe the application.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Abou-Rjeily, C., Daniele, N., Belfiore, J.-C.: Distributed Algebraic Space Time Codes for Ultra Wideband Communications. Kluwer Journal, Special Issue on Cooperative Diversity (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Elia, P., Sethuraman, B.A., Kumar, P.V.: Perfect Space-Time Codes with Minimum and Non-Minimum Delay for Any Number of Antennas. IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory (to appear)Google Scholar
- 8.Layman, J.W.: Then Hankel Transform and Some of Its Properties. J. Integer Sequences 4, Article 01.1.5 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Marcus, D.A.: Number Fields. Universitext. Springer, NY (1977)Google Scholar
- 11.Pierce, R.S: Associative Algebras. GTM88. Springer, NY (1982)Google Scholar
- 14.Sethuraman, B.A., Oggier, F.E.: The Hankel Transform of the Central Binomial Coefficients and Orthonormal Lattices in Cyclotomic Fields (in preparation)Google Scholar
- 15.Spivey, M.Z., Steil, L.L.: The k-Binomial Transform and the Hankel Transform. J. Integer Sequences 9, Article 06.1.1 (2006)Google Scholar