Task Modelling for Collaborative Systems
The development of Collaborative Systems implies taking into account not only a greater number of users but also the interactions among them to accomplish complex tasks. Besides, the nature of these tasks is different from traditional tasks considered in mono-user systems. Theses differences justify the need to tackle the task modelling for collaborative systems in a different way than traditionally, considering the special features that this kind of systems have. In this paper we propose a conceptual model to describe tasks and group tasks for multi-user systems in order to make a precise characterization. This characterization is applied to a simple example to show its applicability.
KeywordsTasks task modeling Group Conceptual Model Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Greif, I.: Computer-Supported Cooperative Work: A Book of Readings. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo CA (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Johansen, R.: Groupware: Computer support for business teams. The Free Press, New York (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Paterno´, F.: Model-based Design and Evaluation of Interactive Applications. In: Paternó, F. (ed.) Model-based Design and Evaluation of Interactive Applications, Springer, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Poltrock, S., Grudin, J.: Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Groupware (CSCW). In: Costabile, M.F., Paternó, F. (eds.) INTERACT 2005. LNCS, vol. 3585, Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Van der Veer, G.C., Van Welie, M.: Task based groupware design: Putting theory into practice. In: Proceedings of the 2000 Symposium on Designing Interactive Systems, pp. 326–337. ACM Press, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Wikimedia Foundation, Inc, http://www.wikipedia.org