Related-Key Differential-Linear Attacks on Reduced AES-192
In this paper, we study the security of AES-192 against related-key differential-linear cryptanalysis, which is the first attempt using this technique. Among our results, we present two variant attacks on 7-round AES-192 and one attack on 8 rounds using a 5-round related-key differential-linear distinguisher. One key point of the construction of the distinguisher is the special property of MC operation of AES. Compared with the best known results of related-key impossible differential attacks and related-key rectangle attacks on AES-192, the results presented in this paper are not better than them, but the work is a new attempt, and we hope further work may be done to derive better results in the future.
KeywordsAES cryptanalysis related-key differential-linear attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Biham, E., Dunkelman, O., Keller, N.: Related-Key Boomerang and Rectangle Attacks. In: EUROCRYPT 2005. LNCS, vol. 3557, pp. 507–525. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Biham, E., Biryukov, A., Shamir, A.: Cryptanalysis of Skipjack Reduced to 31 Rounds. In: Stern, J. (ed.) EUROCRYPT 1999. LNCS, vol. 1592, pp. 12–23. Springer, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Jakimoski, G., Desmedt, Y.: Related-Key Differential Cryptanalysis of 192-bit Key AES Variants. In: Matsui, M., Zuccherato, R.J. (eds.) SAC 2003. LNCS, vol. 3006, pp. 208–221. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Langford, S.K., Hellman, M.E.: Differential-linear cryptanalysis. In: Desmedt, Y.G. (ed.) CRYPTO 1994. LNCS, vol. 839, pp. 17–25. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.National Institute of Standards and Technology. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), FIPS Publication 197 (November 26, 2001), Available at http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes
- 13.Zhang, W., Wu, W., Zhang, L., Feng, D.: Improved Related-Key Impossible Differential Attacks on Reduced-Round AES-192. In: Cryptography 2006. LNCS, vol. 4356, pp. 15–27 (2007)Google Scholar