Secure and Reliable Data Aggregation for Wireless Sensor Networks
This paper presents a data aggregation protocol that ensures security and reliability of aggregated data in the presence of compromised sensor nodes. The proposed protocol relies on a novel trust development algorithm which is used by data aggregators and sensor nodes to ensure the reliability of aggregated data and to select secure and reliable paths. Simulation results show that the proposed protocol improves the security and reliability of aggregated data significantly.
KeywordsSensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Neighboring Node Data Aggregation Communication Overhead
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Intanagonwiwat, C., Estrin, D., Govindan, R., Heidemann, J.: Impact of network density on Data Aggregation in wireless sensor networks. In: Intanagonwiwat, C., Estrin, D., Govindan, R., Heidemann, J. (eds.) Proc. of the 22nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, pp. 575–578 (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Sang, Y., Shen, H., Inoguchi, Y., Tan, Y., Xiong, N.: Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey. In: Proc of PDCAT 2006, pp. 315–320 (December 2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Roman, R., Zhou, J., Lopez, J.: Applying Intrusion Detection Systems to Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proc. of Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, Las Vegas, pp. 640–644 (January 2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, J., Tassiulas, L.: Energy conserving routing in wireless ad hoc networks. In: Proc. of IEEE Infocom 2000, pp. 22–31 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.QualNet Network Simulator by Scalable Network Technologies, www.scalable-networks.com/