UML Profile for the Platform Independent Modelling of Service-Oriented Architectures
The vast diversity of implementation and support platforms for service-oriented architectures (such as Web, Grid or even CORBA) increases the complexity of the development process of service-based systems. To reduce it, both the architectural properties of the SOC paradigm and a development approach based on the MDA proposal can be studied. This work describes a UML profile for the PIM-level service-oriented architectural modelling, as well as the correspondent metamodel. PIM (Platform Independent Model) level is chosen because it does not reflect constraints about any specific platform or implementation technology. The proposal sketched in this article is part of our research of a service-oriented development method (SOD-M) called MIDAS.
KeywordsService-Oriented Architecture Model-Driven Architecture PIM-level modelling UML Profiles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Miller, J., Mukerji, J. (eds.): OMG. OMG Model Driven Architecture. Document Nro. ormsc/2001-07-01 (2001), available at: http://www.omg.com/mda
- 3.Cáceres, P., Marcos, E., Vela, B.: A MDA-Based Approach for Web Information System Development. In: Workshop in Software Model Engineering (2003), http://www.metamodel.com/wisme-2003/
- 4.OASIS: Reference Model for Service Oriented Architecture. Committee draft 1.0 (2006), available at: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16587/wd-soa-rm-cd1ED.pdf
- 5.Lublinsky, B.: Defining SOA as an architectural style: Align your business model with technology. IBM DeveloperWorks site (January 09, 2007), http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ar-soastyle/index.html
- 6.Papazoglou, M.P.: Service-Oriented Computing: Concepts, Characteristics and Directions. In: WISE 2003, pp. 3–12.Google Scholar
- 7.Wada, H., Suzuki, J., Oba, K.: Modeling Non-Functional Aspects in Service Oriented Architecture. In: Proc. of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Service Computing, Chicago, IL (September 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Zdun, U., Dustdar, S.: Model-Driven Integration of Process-Driven SOA Models. International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management, Inderscience, Pendiente de publicación (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang, T., Ying, S., Cao, S., Jia, X.: A Modeling Framework for Service-Oriented Architecture. In: QSIC 2006. Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Quality Software, pp. 219–226 (2006)Google Scholar