Dynamic Reconfiguration of Software Architectures Through Aspects
Currently, most software systems have a dynamic nature and evolve at run-time. The dynamic reconfiguration of software architectures has to be supported in order to enable their architectural element instances and their links to be created and destroyed at run-time. Complex components also need reconfiguration capabilities to evolve their internal compositions. This paper introduces an approach to support the dynamic reconfiguration of software architectures taking advantage of aspect-oriented techniques. It enables complex components to autonomously reconfigure themselves: they are capable of both having knowledge of their current configuration and reconfiguring themselves at run-time. This approach has been developed for the PRISMA aspect-oriented architectural model. A new kind of aspect has been created in PRISMA in order to provide dynamic reconfiguration services to each complex component; it is called the Configuration Aspect.
KeywordsDynamic reconfiguration software architectures AOSD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cuesta, C.E.: Dynamic Software Architecture Based on Reflection (in Spanish). PhD Thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Valladolid, Spain (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Cuesta, C.E., Fuente, P.d.l., Barrio-Solárzano, M.: Dynamic Coordination Architecture through the use of Reflection. In: SAC 2001. Proc. of 2001 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 134–140 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Pérez, J.: PRISMA: Aspect-Oriented Software Architectures. PhD Thesis, Department of Information Systems and Computation, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Pérez, J., Ali, N., Carsí, J.Á., Ramos, I.: Designing Software Architectures with an Aspect-Oriented Architecture Description Language. In: Gorton, I., Heineman, G.T., Crnkovic, I., Schmidt, H.W., Stafford, J.A., Szyperski, C.A., Wallnau, K. (eds.) CBSE 2006. LNCS, vol. 4063, pp. 123–138. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Pérez, J., Ali, N., Costa, C., Carsí, J.Á., Ramos, I.: Executing Aspect-Oriented Component-Based Software Architectures on .NET Technology. In: Proc. of 3rd International Conference on .NET Technologies, Pilsen, Czech Republic, pp. 97–108 (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Rasche, A., Polze, A.: Configuration and Dynamic Reconfiguration of Component-Based Applications with Microsoft.NET. In: ISORC 2003. Proc. 6th IEEE Int. Symposium on Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing, Hakodate, Japan, pp. 164–171 (2003)Google Scholar