Research on Multi-objective On-Line Evolution Technology of Digital Circuit Based on FPGA Model
A novel multi-objective evolutionary mechanism for digital circuits is proposed. Firstly, each CLB of FPGA is configured as minimum evolutionary structure cell (MESC). The two-dimensional array consisted of MESCs by integer scale values is coded. And the functions and interconnections of MESCs are reconfigured. Secondly, the circuit function, the number of active CLBs and the circuit response speed are designed for evolutionary aims. The fitness of the circuit function is evaluated by on-line test. The fitness of the active CLBs’ number and response speed are evaluated by searching the evolved circuit in reverse direction. Then the digital circuits are designed by multi-objective on-line evolution in these evaluation methods. Thirdly, a multi-objective optimization algorithm is improved, which could quicken the convergence speed of on-line evolution. Finally, Hex-BCD code conversion circuit is taken as an example. The experimental results prove the feasibility and availability of the new on-line design method of digital circuits.
KeywordsEvolvable Hardware Digital Circuit On-line Evolution Multi-objective Evolutionary Method FPGA Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Anderson, E.F.: Off-line Evolution of Behaviour for Autonomous Agents in Real-Time Computer Games. In: Proc. of 7th International Conference of Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, Granada, Spain, pp. 689–699 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Darniani, E., Tettamanzi, A.G.B., Liberali, V.: On-line Evolution of FPGA-based Circuits: A Case Study on Hash Functions. In: Proc. Of the First NASA/DoD Workshop on Evolvable Hardware, California, USA, pp. 26–33 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Yao, X., Liu, Y.: Getting most out of evolutionary approaches. In: Proc. of NASA/DoD Conference of Evolvable Hardware, Washington, DC, USA, pp. 8–14 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Hartmann, M., Lehre, P.K., Haddow, P.C.: Evolved digital circuits and genome complexity. In: Proc. Of NASA/DoD Conference of Evolvable Hardware, Washington, DC, USA, pp. 79–86 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Shuguang, Z., Yuping, W., Wanhai, Y., et al.: Multi-objective Adaptive Genetic Algorithm for Gate-Level Evolution of Logic Circuits. Chinese Journal of Computer-aided Design & Computer Graphics 16, 402–406 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Guoliang, H., Yuanxiang, L., Xuan, W., et al.: Multiobjective simulated annealing for design of combinational logic circuits. In: Proc. of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Dalian, China, pp. 3481–3484 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Soliman, A.T., Abbas, H.M.: Combinational circuit design using evolutionary algorithms. In: IEEE CCECE 2003 Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Canadian, pp. 251–254 (2003)Google Scholar