UDT-Based Multi-objective Evolutionary Design of Passive Power Filters of a Hybrid Power Filter System
Passive Power Filters (PPFs) are vital equipments for harmonic pollution control, but optimal design of PPFs is a rather difficult problem of multi-objective optimization and evaluation. On the basis of our previous work in evolvable hardware, especially evolutionary design of circuits, a Uniform Design Technique (UDT) based multi-objective genetic algorithm was developed towards optimal design of PPFs. It is characterized by an efficient and effective encoding-decoding scheme based on the standard series of component values, a mechanism to integrate and evaluate multi-objectives based on UDT, weight-vectors adjusting and PSpice simulation, a UDT based multi-parent crossover operator to improve offspring quality and computation cost, and an adaptation technique for genetic parameters to maintain the individual diversity and track the GA process. It is shown by simulation results capable of searching out a set of effective design results of PPFs, which meet the main optimization objectives and reflect roughly interactions between them.
KeywordsEvolutionary Design Evolvable Hardware Active Power Filter PSpice Simulation Genetic Algorithm Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Zhao, S.: Study of the Evolutionary Design Methods of Electronic Circuits (Phd. Thesis). Xidian University, Xi’an, China (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Jing-chang, W.: Power Supply System Harmonics. Chinese Electric Power Publishing Company, Beijing (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Moo, C.S., Cheng, H.L., Guo, S.J.: Designing passive LC filters with contour maps. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Power Electronics and Drive Systems, pp. 834–838 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, X., Gao, X.Z., Ovaska, S.J.: A hybrid optimization algorithm in power filter design. In: IECON 2005. Industrial Electronics Society, 2005. 32nd Annual Conference of IEEE, pp. 1335–1340 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Kai-tai, F., Chang-qing, M.: Orthogonal and Uniform Experimental Design. Science Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhao, S., Jiao, L., Zhao, J., et al.: Evolutionary Design of Analog Circuits with a Uniform-Design Based Multi-Objective Adaptive Genetic Algorithm. In: Proceedings of EH-2005, pp. 26–29 (2005)Google Scholar