On Statistical Independence in the Logistic Map: A Guide to Design New Chaotic Sequences Useful in Cryptography
The paper explores the possibility to generate experimental independent andidentically distributed data sets starting from the logistic map and discusses its applicability in cryptography. In order to reveal the statistical independence in the context of a chaotic signal, and to come up with firm and accurate results, the paper combines usual statistical methods with an original test procedure useful in the case of continuous random variables of unknown probability law. The overall theoretical approach may be viewed as a guide to generate independent andidentically distributed samples starting from the logistic map, and also to design chaotic sequences useful for cryptographic purposes.
Keywordschaotic behaviour statistical independence correlation coefficient reference scatter diagram chaotic enciphering sequences natural text enciphering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kennedy, M.P., Rovatti, R., Setti, G.: Chaotic Electronics in Telecommunications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Badea, B., Vlad, A.: Revealing statistical independence of two experimental data sets. An improvement on Spearman’s algorithm. In: Gavrilova, M., Gervasi, O., Kumar, V., Tan, C.J.K., Taniar, D., Laganà, A., Mun, Y., Choo, H. (eds.) ICCSA 2006. LNCS, vol. 3980, pp. 1166–1176. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Shannon, C.E.: A Mathematical Theory of Communication. Bell Syst. Tech. J. 27, 379–423, 623-656 (1948)Google Scholar
- 7.Luca, A., Vlad, A.: Generating Identically and Independently Distributed Samples Starting from Chaotic Signals. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems (ISSCS 2005), Iaşi, Romania, pp. 227–230 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Walpole, R.E., Myers, R.H.: Probability and Statistics for Engineers Scientists, 4th edn. MacMillan Publishing, New York (1989)Google Scholar
- 9.Vlad, A., Mitrea, A., Mitrea, M.: Orthography and Punctuation Marks in Printed Romanian Modelling: a Study Based on the Letter Statistical Structure in a Literary Corpus. In: Burileanu, C., Teodorescu, H.-N.(eds.): Advances in Spoken Language Technology. The Publishing House of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, pp. 207–216 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Shannon, C.E.: Communication Theory of Secrecy Systems. Bell Systems Technical Journal 28, 656–715 (1949)Google Scholar